Studies show that most customers these days check out a company online before making a purchase. Having a good online presence increases overall sales and revenue for a business.
So, how exactly do you reach more customers online? You have to resort to digital marketing to grow the presence of your business online.
What is Online Marketing?
Advertising and promoting a business online is termed digital marketing. Digital marketing can be done through social media, email, and search engines.
Companies use television, radio, and newspapers to promote their business in traditional marketing. Digital marketing, as the name suggests, is done entirely online using web channels.
The cost, too, is widely different for traditional and digital marketing. Traditional marketing is usually costlier than digital marketing, and companies can leverage social media and SEO optimization at a much more affordable cost.
Why Should You Invest in Digital Marketing?
- Your customer base is online: Every person nowadays has a mobile and access to the internet. They browse the internet virtually everywhere. When you build an online marketing campaign, you can leverage this massive online presence to grow your business. Whether you choose to grow your business through mobile app development or social media is up to you.
- It is faster and less expensive than traditional marketing: Mobile app development or optimizing your website for SEO is much cheaper than printing flyers, and it is also much faster.
- Better return on investment: Online marketing helps you reach a wider audience and showcase your products and services to more people. This will convert and generate more revenue for your business.
- To beat the competition: When you are a startup, it is essential to be aware of what your competitors are doing and how you could use similar strategies to beat them in the game.
- Building a better relationship with your customers: Customer service is part of any digital marketing campaign. Customer service helps resolve issues faced by customers on an online platform quickly.
- It reaches mobile phone users: Everybody uses a mobile phone these days. Therefore, you can build a digital marketing campaign to target mobile users. This makes mobile app development for your business very important.
- Establish a solid brand image: Customers these days look for a brand online before making a purchase. When you have a solid online presence and digital marketing network in place, customers will find you easily when they search online, and you will also project yourself as a credible brand.
If you are a new startup and want to expand your customer base but don’t have the budget to invest in traditional marketing, digital marketing is the way to go. It is cheaper and much more effective.
Almost every business has an online presence these days. So, to beat the immense competition and stay on par with rivals, it is imperative to build a digital marketing campaign.
Having a solid customer support team helps you build a brand image that shows you as reliable. It also helps convert one-time customers into repeat customers.
Types of Digital Marketing:
- Pay Per Click: An advertiser will place an ad on your website, and every time someone clicks on the ad, the advertiser will pay you some revenue.
- Social Media: This is a smart way of digital marketing for many businesses these days. You can showcase your brand through platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Youtube etc.
- SEO Optimization: The higher your site’s ranking across search engines, the better your chances of getting noticed by clients. SEO optimizing your website will make your website rank higher on Google.
- Content Marketing: Instead of directly marketing a company’s products and services, content marketing focuses on creating valuable content that customers will find helpful.
- Video Marketing: This is another interactive way to promote your business. You can record video testimonials shared by previous clients and then send them to your target audience.
- Email Marketing: One of the oldest and most reliable forms of digital marketing, you can send personalized newsletters to your customers to tell them about your products.
How to improve your digital marketing game?
- Improve your Online Visibility: To reach more customers, you have to be visible. Your website should pop up when a customer searches for a specific product in the search results.
- Clearly, State What You Stand For: Your website should mention the name of your company, where you are located, and what services you offer. Phone number, email address and Skype name are other valuable information that should prominently feature on your website.
- Provide Helpful Content for Free on your Website: Customers will come more often to your website when you provide them with some valuable piece of information instead of trying to convince them to make a purchase.
- Have an excellent social media presence: Clients regularly take to social media to look for a specific product or service. When you have an engaging social media presence, you enhance your chances of being discovered by potential clients.
- Show customers that you value them: Have a robust customer care team, and reach out to any client who expresses dissatisfaction with your services or products.
Using specific keywords and following other rules for SEO optimization will help your website rank higher.
You can have a blog section on your website for this purpose. Well-written blog posts show your expertise in the subject and provide information any potential customer might be looking for on the internet.
When a client writes a review for one of your products, you can offer them reward points or coupon codes to show that you appreciate their time and efforts.
Regularly staying in touch with customers is also an excellent tactic to show that you value them. Sending newsletters is one way of doing it.
Building an online presence has become very important for any business these days. However, if you are still confused about where to start, here is a small guide to help you.
First, figure out what exactly is the goal of your digital campaign. Do you want to generate leads or increase sales from your website? Then do the market research and find out what options you have. Compile a list of these potential channels you want to promote your business.
Then, allot a budget for all the different channels you have finalized. Make a strategy you want to use, then launch your digital marketing campaign. Constantly monitor the results, and work on improvements.
Raman Arora is Programmer and passionate about programming languages, Software Development and Digital marketing. Raman enjoys studying about today’s trending blockchain related topics and is passionate about writing on all types of Programming language. I have 6+ years experience as a Python Developer.