Whether you sell to other businesses or individual customers, one thing is certain: you have to keep generating fresh leads.
Lead generation is the process of attracting new potential clients to your business. Typically, digital marketers plan their lead generation campaigns to acquire either high-quality leads or a large number of prospects.
The general approach to generate leads is to drive your prospects to a landing page and provide a form to collect the user information.
Your bounce rate will increase if you drive potential leads to a slow landing page. When consumers stay on your page longer, it’s easier to improve your conversion rate.
With mobile users accounting for more than half of all Internet usage and consumption, landing sites have become more expensive and, in the case of slow-loading pages, off-putting to users.
Lead generation ads are now making it easier to achieve both quality and quantity goals in a single search campaign.
Google’s lead form ad extensions eliminate time-consuming extra processes and allow for real-time data collection.
So let’s learn about this Google Ad lead form extension to strengthen your lead generation and grow exponentially.
What is Google Ads Lead Form Extension?
Google lead form extensions appear beneath your search ad on mobile devices and tablets and allow users to give their contact information directly through your ad on the SERP rather than visiting a landing page. This eliminates the necessity for a user to convert on your site. If the searcher is logged into their Google account, they will be directed to a Google form that is already filled with their contact information and can be converted with a click.
Just as with other ad extensions, you only pay when you get a click on the lead form extension. Moreover, lead form extension is more likely to appear in the top positions and not guaranteed to appear in all searches.
What are the Advantages of Google Lead Form Extension?
- For logged in users, Google auto-fills the basic user information in the lead form, making the lead form submission easier and faster.
- Google Lead Form Extensions can be used in conjunction with a CRM or email program to contact new leads as soon as they sign up.
- Google Lead Form Extensions are high-performing and mobile-friendly, and they don’t require any additional technical support from the organization.
- Google Lead Form Extensions are simple to tailor to a company’s marketing objectives.
- Users will find Google Lead Form Extensions valuable because they are based on their Google search activities.
- Users don’t have to visit a landing page to submit the details, and they can do it from the SERP, which smoothens the user experience.
How to Create Google Ads Lead Forms
Step 1: Sign into Google AdWords and Go to Campaigns
Create a campaign with leads as your goal and search as your campaign type.
Step 2: Go to Ads and Extension
On the left menu bar, go to the “Ads and Extensions” tab. Then, click the “Extensions” tab. If your account has beta access, clicking the blue “+” will bring up this drop-down, which includes a “Lead form extension” option.
Step 3: Create Lead Form Extension
After clicking the lead form extension option, first, you have to design how your lead form extension will appear below your ad. Select a Call-to-Action and compose a brief extension text to appear alongside your lead form extension.
You have eight call-to-actions to choose from: Sign up, Get quote, Apply now, Contact us, Subscribe, Download, Book now, and Get offer.
Moreover, you have a 30 character limit for the extension text that will appear below your call-to-action.
Step 4: Build Your Lead Form
The lead form that users will view after clicking on your lead form extension will be created in this stage. You can set the appropriate form fields here to collect the desired user information.
Here are some insights about the options to create your lead form.
Business Name: This will show at the top of your lead form, and you have a 30 character limit.
Headline: Use your headline (30 characters) as your primary call to action on the form, immediately below your company name.
Description: This will be the body of your form’s content. In the description, provide further context and depth about your propositions to the audience. The character limit is 200.
Questions: You may select up to 10 fields to be filled by users, asking for contact and other information.
Background Image: You’ll also have the option of adding a background image to put behind the lead form. The recommended image dimensions are 1200 x 628 pixels, which equates to a 1.91:1 aspect ratio.
Step 5: Form Submission Message
You’ll create the form submission message here that will appear to the users after submitting your lead form successfully.
Headline: A “Thank You” or “Submitted Successfully” message will go here. You have a 30 character limit for this field.
Description: Use this to appreciate your new leads and provide clear expectations for the following steps. If you include a call to action, make sure it encourages users to visit your website. You get 200 characters for this!
Call-to-Action: You can include a link to your website or a link to download something from your website. It’s optional.
You are good to go now!
How to Collect the Leads Information
At the end of a campaign, you have two options for retrieving your leads: manually or via a webhook integration.
- Companies can manually download and manage their collected leads in a CSV file, but the files are only saved for 30 days, and the process of uploading them to the chosen marketing tool is time-consuming and expensive.
- Most businesses use Google Lead Form Extensions with a webhook integration to automate the process. Businesses can sync fresh leads in real time and quickly send the promised offer and a welcome message in this manner.
It’s crucial to remember this if a company decides to use a webhook to sync leads with its CRM. Always verify that you have received the data in the correct format in your CRM.
Requirements to Use Lead Form Extension
Here are some Google Ads requirements that you have to meet to use Google’s lead form extension:
- An excellent track record of Google Ads policy adherence.
- Industries with sensitive content (such as sexual content) are not eligible for lead forms.
Points to Ponder
- Lead form extensions are only for search campaign types.
- Lead form extensions will only appear on mobile devices and tablets.
- Lead form extensions cannot be created at the account or ad group level. Each lead form extension can only be added at the campaign level.
These lead form extensions provide a game-changing solution for advertisers looking to convert more mobile searches. Make sure to add them to your accounts when they become available to you, and then adjust your mobile bids to get some amazing results from lead form extension.
A PPC management agency can also help you add the lead form extension to your campaigns or manage your overall PPC advertising to drive fruitful results.
The choice is yours!!